Friday, July 22, 2011

My first day out since surgery

Today was a good day. Took the kids out with the hubby to chuck-e-cheese. It was such a great time! Dylan had a blast with his cousin and it was a nice time out. It felt so good to get out of the house today. I was starting to get cabin fever. :)

I think my hunger is starting to come back. The pizza we got for the kids smelled and looked soooo good! But, i was good and stuck to my sugar free pudding with protein powder. Yay for me (that was a little sarcasm!) :)

The stuffed pepper soup was AMAZING! Of course I couldn't try any, but the whole house smelled so good. I plan to make that for my pureed stage in a week. I have this crazy craving for a taco! Yes, a taco! lol Once I can start on solids again, i'm gonna try my hand at a taco without the tortilla shell. Protein, protein first! lol

You know what's crazy? I was sitting here an hour ago thinking.. "gosh, i would love to have a taco right now". Then I got to thinking of all the ways i can have that the healthy way. My thinking has totally changed! I find myself thinking of how to make what i love or want into a healthy choice for me. Combine that with my 3 oz pouch and I really think i'm gonna do great!

I feel great! Not just physically, but mentally. I feel whole and ready to run into my new future! I wanna get up and get going and leave the couch and potato chips behind me. How great is that! My surgeon and his team gave me so much more than just a new stomach.. they gave me a new way of thinking.. a chance at a new life! If i had to sum it up in one word..here it is... AMAZING!

Here's the picture of the stuffed pepper soup! You've gotta try this!.. till next time.. stay blessed! Hugs <3


No comments:

Post a Comment