Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20th, 2011 - One week post-op

Doing ok today. A little sore, but no where near what I was last week. What a difference a week makes! Not needing my pain meds as much, thank God because I hate how drousy they make me. Still on the lovanox injections, twice a day. I have a new found appriciation for all you diabetics out there because I sure don't know how you put up with sticking yourself everyday.

I'm still on Stage 2 - full liquids. For all you non bariatric surgery people, that means yummy sugar free jello, sugar free pudding and watered down apple juice, which by the way is all i have a taste for lately. I'll be on this stage for another week.

I still have no hunger sensation, which is so weird considering just a few weeks ago I could have eaten enough for 6 people. So, for now I have to try to remember to eat, which honestly isn't going too well. I'm striving for some protein and maintaining my fluids for now.

Nothing is tasting good to me, except for my watered down apple juice! God, what is it with this juice! lol..I seriously feel like a newborn...watered down liquids and a few teaspoons of "food" every 2-3 hours.

Oh and did i mention.. i'm finding myself to be lactose intolerant. Which is a real bummer considering how much I LOVE milk!! Anything made with milk, however, has me feeling like I have a bad case of morning sickness, so hubby picked up a carton of Almond milk. Not bad, really. I'm not crazy about the consistancy, a little thick for me, but when used in making things, not bad at all and a world of a difference when it comes to the tummy!

Even though I can't "eat" right now, i'm making up a recipe book for me to use later post op. The good thing is i'm learing how to cook healthier for not only me, but my hubby and 2 boys. It feels so great to know i'm putting better nutritional foods on our dinner table.

I will be my family's advocate against obesity and obesity related conditions. I've had a hard enough life, I don't want my boys having to go through what I did with weight.

So in with the fresh fruit and veggies and delicious homemade crockpot meals and out with the processed, high sodium, factory made,  pop-it-in-the-microwave meals.

...this new lifestyle is going to be amazing!

Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment