Thursday, July 21, 2011

1st post-op visit..

Had my first post op visit today with the surgeon. Went great! I'm starting to feel more and more like my old self (minus the poor food choices and raging hunger). The doc says everything looks good. The incision is healing nice and i'm right on track. They asked me if i was trying to set a record.. i've lost 41 lbs to date! lol.. i'm not trying to set a record, but if i do..go me! :) All in all.. life is good! :)

I'm going to attempt to get my protein in today through my sugar free pudding. We'll see how that goes. I'm so thirsty, i could drink lake Erie right now! Sadly, only a few sips at a time is all i can handle to avoid feeling like a blow fish!

I'm making stuffed pepper soup today in the crockpot. A receipe that is bariatric friendly. No, i won't be indulging in it..not yet anyways.. a few more weeks before that's tolerated. But the hubby and kids will have it. It smells delish. Oh...?? i didn't tell you? like it or not..they will be eating the foods that i will be. Healthy and fresh made meals! This change isn't just for me..it's for them too (but shhh... they don't know that healthy food can taste yummy!!!) lol.

I'll post pics later..if you want the recipe, let me know.. i'm more than willing to share my knowledge! :)

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment